Through our Speakers Bureau program, Renewed delivers free community-based outreach and prevention presentations that educate all age groups about disordered eating, healthy body image and how to develop a positive relationship with food.
Presentations are available by topic (please see below for a list). We appreciate donations of any amount to help us keep our presentations free.
A wide variety of audiences is served by our Speakers Bureau program including:
- Schools: Students (grades 1-12), Teachers, Coaches, Counselors or Parents
- Colleges/Universities: Students, Professors, Clubs/Organizations, etc.
- Community Organizations: Churches, Volunteer Groups, Clubs, etc.
- Your audience!
The following topics are available for our presentations. Please let us know if you do not see a topic that fits your needs.
- “What is an Eating Disorder?”
Learn how to recognize the red flags associated with each type of eating disorder. Then learn where and how to get help and support.
- “Body Image, Eating Disorders and the Media”
Learn how to deconstruct the thousands of media messages we see everyday that directly promote beauty and fashion. This presentation also provides an overview of body image and it’s socio-cultural influences.
- “Why Diets Don’t Work and Tips on Eating Well”
Learn about the significant health risks associated with dieting and why dieting doesn’t lead to lasting weight loss. Learn the “3-5-7” of good nutrition.
- “Stories of Hope From an Eating Disorder Survivor”
Sometimes a personal story of hope and recovery resonates the most. Eating disorder survivors tell these powerful, first-hand accounts.
Requesting a Speaker
If you would like to request a speaker for your school or organization, please click here. After you fill out your form, a Renewed staff member will be in touch with you to plan the details.